The official website of the anime adaptation of Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) manga has revealed that the upcoming second season will be premiering in the upcoming Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season. The season, Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc (Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yakaku-hen), will premiere on Sundays at 11:15 pm JST on Fuji TV.
The anime will be airing across two consecutive cours, the Fall/Autumn 2021 anime season and the Winter 2021/2022 anime season. The Fall/Autumn anime season generally begins in October, however, the premiere date has yet to be revealed. In addition to airing on Fuji TV, season 2 will also air on over 20 stations across Japan including Tokyo MX, Fuji TV, BS11, GTV, and Tochigi TV
Further details on the broadcast will be revealed on September 25.
The main cast and staff from the first season and film will return for season 2:
- Natsuki Hanae (Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul) voicing Tanjirou Kamado
- Akari Kitou (Calen from Time Bokan 24) as Nezuko Kamado
- Hiro Shimono (Keima Katsuragi in The World God Only Knows) voicing the role of Zenitsu Agatsuma
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito in Sword Art Online) as Inosuke Hashibira
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass) voicing Giyuu Tomioka
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) who voices Shinobu Kochou
- Toshihiko Seki (Duo Maxwell from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing) as Muzan Kibutsuji
The anime’s production staff will also feature many returning members:
- Director: Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Symphonia the Animation, Tales of Zestiria the X)
- Anime Character Designer: Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Tales of Zestiria the X)
- Art designer: Masahiro Kimura (Black Lagoon and Tokyo Babylon 2 Animation Director)
- Music Composers: Go Shiina (God Eater and Tales of. Games) and Yuki Kajiura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Fate/Zero)
- Animation Studio: ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai)
Here is the first promotional video for the second season:
Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) is a supernatural, action manga written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge. The series ran from February 2016 until May 2020, published in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump. A total of 23 volumes have been compiled and published. The manga has enjoyed much success in Japan where over 40 million copies have been sold as of February 2020. The series received a TV anime adaptation in April 2019 for a total of 26 episodes. It was directed by Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Symphonia the Animation, Tales of Zestiria the X) and produced by ufotable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai). The anime was followed up with a sequel film in late 2020, which had a record-breaking run becoming the highest-grossing film of all time in Japan.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Ever since the death of his father, the burden of supporting the family has fallen upon Tanjirou Kamado’s shoulders. Though living impoverished on a remote mountain, the Kamado family are able to enjoy a relatively peaceful and happy life. One day, Tanjirou decides to go down to the local village to make a little money selling charcoal. On his way back, night falls, forcing Tanjirou to take shelter in the house of a strange man, who warns him of the existence of flesh-eating demons that lurk in the woods at night.
When he finally arrives back home the next day, he is met with a horrifying sight—his whole family has been slaughtered. Worse still, the sole survivor is his sister Nezuko, who has been turned into a bloodthirsty demon. Consumed by rage and hatred, Tanjirou swears to avenge his family and stay by his only remaining sibling. Alongside the mysterious group calling themselves the Demon Slayer Corps, Tanjirou will do whatever it takes to slay the demons and protect the remnants of his beloved sister’s humanity.
The second season of the Demon Slayer anime, Demon Slayer: Yakaku-hen is set to air this Fall/Autumn and will run across two cours.
Source Article - Anime News Network
Source Article - Mantan Web