The official website of the anime adaptation of Nanashi’s Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) has revealed that the upcoming second season will begin its broadcast on January 8th. In addition, a brand new key visual and promotional video has been released.
Here is the anime’s previous visual:
The second season, titled Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Attack, will begin its broadcast on Sunday, January 8th at 1:00 am JST on Tokyo MX and BS11. The series will then air on MBS at 2:38 am JST and on BS Nippon from the 11th at 12:30 am JST.
A brand new promotional video has been released for the second season, featuring the Opening theme song Love Crazy by Sumire Uesaka:
The main cast of the second season includes:
- Sumire Uesaka (Anastasia from The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) returns as Hayase Nagatoro
- Daiki Yamashita (Izuku Midoriya from Boku no Hero Academia) is back to voice Naoto Hachiouji
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) as Gamo-chan
- Aina Suzuki (Mari Ohara from Love Live! Sunshine!!) voices Yoshi
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made in Abyss) as Sakura
- Nana Mizuki (Hinata Hyuuga in Naruto) as the Club President
- Yoshino Nanjou (Eri Ayase in Love Live! School Idol Project) voices the role of Misaki Nagatoro
- Sayumi Suzushiro (Akira Oono in High Score Girl) as Sana Sunomiya
- Kaori Maeda (Mari Tachibana in Back Street Girls) joins the cast to voice Orihara
The production staff of the second season will feature a new director and animation studio:
- Director: Shinji Ushiro (Yo-kai Watch, Omamori Himari)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Taku Kishimoto (Fruits Basket, Usagi Drop)
- Anime Character Designer: Misaki Suzuki (Another and Red Data Girl Sub-Character Designer)
- Music Composer: Gin (Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?, Pop Team Epic)
- Animation Studio: OLM (Yo-kai Watch, Pokémon)
Here is the character PV for Hayase Nagatoro:
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Nanashi. The series began publication in November 2017 under Kodansha’s Magazine Pocket magazine. To date, a total of 14 volumes have been compiled and published. Nanashi began drawing the manga before its serialization on the online Japanese media sharing site Pixiv, under the username 774. A TV anime adaptation of the series was produced for the Spring 2021 anime season, directed by Hirokazu Hanai, and produced by Telecom Animation Film.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
High schooler Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend her free time doing one thing, and that is to bully her Senpai! After Nagatoro and her friends stumble upon the aspiring artist’s drawings, they find enjoyment in mercilessly bullying the timid Senpai. Nagatoro resolves to continue her cruel game and visits him daily so that she can force Senpai into doing whatever interests her at the time, especially if it makes him uncomfortable.
Slightly aroused by and somewhat fearful of Nagatoro, Senpai is constantly roped into her antics as his interests, hobbies, appearance, and even personality are used against him as she entertains herself at his expense. As time goes on, Senpai realizes that he doesn’t dislike Nagatoro’s presence, and the two of them develop an uneasy friendship as one patiently puts up with the antics of the other.
The second season of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Attack, will air every Sunday at 1:00 am JST on Tokyo MX and MBS, from January 8th, 2023, during the Winter 2022/2023 anime season.