The official website for the anime adaptation of Reiji Miyajima’s Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend) manga has revealed that the upcoming second season will premiere this July. In addition, the first key visual and promotional video was also released.
The second season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu is set to air this July, during the Summer 2022 anime season.
The first teaser promotional video for the second season has been released, giving us a sneak peek at what’s to come:
Here is the second season’s announcement video:
The main cast of the first season is set to return for the second season:
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) voicing as Chizuru Ichinose
- Shun Horie (Ichirou Suzuki from Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku) as Kazuya Kinoshita
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) as Mami Nanami
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) voices Ruka Sarashina
- Masayuki Akasaka (Shiren Tium in Black Clover) voices the role of Yoshiaki Kibe
- Gakuto Kajiwara (Asta from Black Clover) voices as Shun Kuribayashi
- Yukari Nozawa (Seto Kamiki Jurai in Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki) as Nagomi Kinoshita
The production staff of the second season includes:
- Director: Kazuomi Koga (Ameiro Cocoa Rainy color e Youkoso!)
- Series Composer and Scriptwriter: Mitsutaka Hirota (Amaama to Inazuma, The Prince of Tennis)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Kanna Hirayama (Shichisei no Subaru and Yagate Kimi ni Naru Animation Director)
- Music Composer: Hyadain (Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku, Dangerous Jii-san Ja)
- Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa (Spice and Wolf, Ace of Diamond)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life)
Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend) is a romantic comedy manga written and illustrated by Reiji Miyajima. The series began in mid-2017 under Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine, where a total of 19 compiled volumes have been published. A spin-off manga by Miyajima also began serialization in June 2020 with a total of 2 volumes to date. The series was adapted into a TV anime in the Summer 2020 anime season. The anime was directed by Kazuomi Koga (Ameiro Cocoa Rainy color e Youkoso!) and produced by TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life).
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Kazuya Kinoshita is a 20-year-old college student who has a wonderful girlfriend: the bright and sunny Mami Nanami. But suddenly, he doesn’t. Without warning, Mami breaks up with him, leaving him utterly heartbroken and lonely. Seeking to soothe the pain, he hires a rental girlfriend through an online app. His partner is Chizuru Mizuhara, who through her unparalleled beauty and cute demeanor, manages to gain Kazuya’s affection.
But after reading similar experiences other customers had had with Chizuru, Kazuya believes her warm smile and caring personality were all just an act to toy with his heart, and he rates her poorly. Aggravated, Chizuru lambastes him for his shameless hypocrisy, revealing her true pert and hot-tempered self. This one-sided exchange is cut short, however, when Kazuya finds out that his grandmother has collapsed.
They dash toward the hospital and find Kazuya’s grandmother already in good condition. Baffled by Chizuru’s presence, she asks who this girl might be. On impulse, Kazuya promptly declares that they are lovers, forcing Chizuru to play the part. But with Kazuya still hung up on his previous relationship with Mami, how long can this difficult client and reluctant rental girlfriend keep up their act?
The second season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend) anime is in production and will air this July, throughout the Summer 2022 anime season.