The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Takaya Kagami, Daisuke Furuya and Yamato Yamamoto’s Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) manga has revealed new additional cast members for the April/October anime series.
Two additional cast members have been revealed for the Owari No Seraph anime:
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will voice Kureto Hiragi, the Lieutenant General of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. He is very ruthless as Shinoa calls him a “monster”, and is willing to retaliate anyone who is against the Hiragi Family. His ambition is to exterminate vampires from Japan, and have the world under the control of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) is voicing Shinya Hiragi, the Major General of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. He was chosen to marry Shinoa’s older sister Mahiru and was adopted by the Hiragi Family. Although he has high capacity of spellcraft from childhood, is not comfortable about the Hiragi Family, and is good friends with Guren holding the same intention.
The previously revealed main cast includes:
- Miyu Irino (Akito Hyuuga in Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito ) will voice Yuuichirou Hyakuya
- Kensho Ono (Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket) will be voicing Mikaela Hyakuya
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) as Guren Ichinose
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) who will voice Felid Bathory
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita from Oregairu) voicing the role of Shinoa Hiiragi
The supporting cast of the anime has:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) voicing as Yoichi Saotome
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) who will voice Shiho Kimizuki
- Yuka Iguchi (Mako Reizei in Girls und Panzer) as Mitsuba Sangu
Here is the first official trailer of the anime with English subtitles, which introduces the main characters of the series and premise.
The anime’s staff were earlier revealed and are as follows:
- Director: Daisuke Tokutsuchi (Debut directing role, Attack on Titan episode director)
- Assistant Director: Masashi Koizuka (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Baccano! Key Animator)
- Series Composer and Screenplay Writer: Hiroshi Seko (Attack on Titan, Zankyou no Terror)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Kadowaki (Various roles on Attack on Titan, Black Rock Shooter Key Animator)
- Storyboard Artist: Hiroki Shinagawa (Medaka Box)
- Animation Studio: Wit Studio (Attack on Titan)
Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End) is a manga series written by Takaya Kagami, illustrated by Yamato Yamamoto and storyboarded by Daisuke Furuya. Kagami is also the creator of the The Legend of the Legendary Heroes light novel series, and Yamamoto is known for illustrating the Kure-nai light novels, both of which already received anime adaptations. The manga began publication in 2012 in Shueisha’s Jump Square magazine and to date has a total of 7 volumes published.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world’s dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.
The Owari no Seraph anime will be airing this April during the Spring 2015 anime season, before taking a season break and returning in October in the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://owarino-seraph.jp/
And follow them on Twitter: @owarino_seraph
Source Article – Owari no Seraph Anime Website
“Owari no Seraph”, “Seraph of the End”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Takaya Kagami, Yamato Yamamoto, Daisuke Furuya, Shueisha, and Wit Studio