The latest issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has revealed a brand new visual for the Love Live! Sunshine!! project. The new visual features three idols of Aqours: Chika Takami, Riko Sakurauchi and You Watanabe.Click the image for the full resolution
Aqours’ first single under Love Live! Sunshine!! will be Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai? The album will release on October 7th and will come with a CD and a Blu-ray disc. The album contains messages from the cast and the three songs:
- Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai?
- Step! ZERO to ONE
The first promotional video for the album has been released. The video gives us a small listen of the album’s main song and also a look at the dance scenes and characters in motion.
And here is the 60 second commercial version of the video:
Additionally, here is a tease of the other two songs:
The main cast and actresses for Aqours includes:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (First Major Role) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
Additional information about the characters and project have also been revealed:
- The readers and fans of the series will be able to participate in the story
- After seeing the success of μ, Chika Takami wishes to follow in their footsteps and become a school idol. The new group can be seen as a sister looking up to μ
- The anime will be set in Uchiura, a small seaside town near Numazu, Shizuoka Prefecture
- The nine girls attend Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, a school with less than 100 students
It has been earlier revealed that animation studio Sunrise, who animated the Love Live! School Idol anime, filed a trademark for Love Live! Sunshine!! on March 27th this year. The trademark was filed to cover the following areas that will utilise the name: Trading cards and related products, clothing, accessories and related products, and home console related products.
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired last year and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
The school idol group in Love Live! Sunshine!! is Aqours and their debut song, Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai?, will be released in Japan on October 7th. Further information about the project will be revealed in the next few weeks.
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works