The newest issue of Young Jump magazine has unveiled a little look at the new visual for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga. The full visual will be revealed at a later date.
The main Cast of the upcoming includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
And the supporting cast consists of:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) as Silver Fang
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is voicing King
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will join the cast as Zombieman
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will be voicing Tanktop Master
The anime’s staff has:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Scriptwriter: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
- Anime Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
The first promotional video for the One Punch-Man anime was earlier revealed:
And here is the second PV:
One Punch-Man is an action, comedy manga written by ONE and illustrated by Yuusuke Murata. The series began in 2009 as a free online web comic written by ONE, before being picked up by Shueisha and being featured in their Young Jump magazine publication in mid 2012, with Murata illustrating. To date, a total of 7 compiled volumes have been released with the 8th volume releasing on April 3rd. The series has become a phenomenon in Japan, selling over 4.5 million copies as of November last year, doubling its sales in one year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
The One Punch-Man anime will be airing this October during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“One Punch-Man”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 ONE, Yuusuke Murata, Shueisha and the Hero Associations Headquarters