The official website of the TV anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has unveiled a brand new visual for the upcoming October series. The visual itself was earlier teased in the recent issue of Young Jump magazine.
The anime will debut on TV Tokyo from Monday, October 5th at 1:05am JST. The anime will also air on: TV Osaka on the 6th at 1:05am JST, on TVQ Kyushu on the 6th at 2:00am JST, and on KBS on the midnight of the 6th/7th.
The third promotional video of the upcoming anime has been revealed. The video itself showcases some of the action in the series and also introduces more of the heroes. The Opening theme song of the anime is also previewed, THE HERO !! ~Okoreru Kobushi ni Hi wo Tsukero~ by JAM Project.
The anime’s website has revealed many of the supporting cast of the One Punch-Man anime:
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) voices License-less Rider
- Saori Hayami (Miyuki Shiba in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) will voice Hellish Blizzard
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) as the Handsome Kamen Amai Mask
- Masaya Onosaka (Takeshi Momoshiro in Prince of Tennis) joins the cast to voice Puri Puri Prisoner
- Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox from Fairy Tail) as Metal Bat
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Luxus Dreher in Fairy Tail) will be voicing Tanktop Master
- Kousuke Toriumi (Shunsuke Imaizumi from Yowamushi Pedal) voices Flashy Flash
- Yuji Ueda (Takeshi/Brock in Pokemon) is voicing Watchdog Man
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) voicing as Superalloy Blackluster
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will voice Pig God
- Youji Ueda (Pazu from Ghost in the Shell Arise) will play the role of Drive Knight
- Takahiro Sakurai (Shougo Makishima in Psycho-Pass) will join the cast as Zombieman
- Tessyo Genda (Kyuubi from Naruto) as Metal Knight
- Hiroki Yasumoto (Germany from Hetalia) is voicing King
- Minami Takayama (Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan) voices Child Emperor
- Kenjirou Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) will play the role of Atomic Samurai
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) as Silver Fang
They will join the main cast that includes:
- Makoto Furukawa (Banri Tada from Golden Time) will voice Saitama
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) is voicing as Genos
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) will voice the Speed of Sound Sonic (Onsoku no Sonic), a villainous assassin
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing as Tornado of Terror (Senritsu no Tatsumaki), a S-class rank 2 esper hero
The anime’s staff has:
- Director: Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
- Scriptwriter: Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger & Bunny, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary)
- Anime Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
The Opening theme song of the anime is THE HERO !! ~Okoreru Kobushi ni Hi wo Tsukero~ by JAM Project and the Ending theme will be Hoshi yori Saki ni Mitsukete Ageru from Hiroko Moriguchi.
The first promotional video for the One Punch-Man anime was earlier revealed:
And here is the second PV:
One Punch-Man is an action, comedy manga written by ONE and illustrated by Yuusuke Murata. The series began in 2009 as a free online web comic written by ONE, before being picked up by Shueisha and being featured in their Young Jump magazine publication in mid 2012, with Murata illustrating. To date, a total of 7 compiled volumes have been released with the 8th volume releasing on April 3rd. The series has become a phenomenon in Japan, selling over 4.5 million copies as of November last year, doubling its sales in one year.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!
The One Punch-Man anime will air on Mondays starting on October 5th on TV Tokyo at 1:05am JST, during the Fall/Autumn 2015 anime season. Further information will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
“One Punch-Man”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 ONE, Yuusuke Murata, Shueisha and the Hero Associations Headquarters