The official website of the Love Live! Sunshine!! project has revealed that the upcoming Blu-ray home video releases of the TV anime will feature English subtitles.
Details about the first Blu-ray volume were revealed. Releasing in Japan on September 27th, the volume will contain the first episode of the anime in full 1080p High Definition and will feature optional English Subtitles.
There will be two versions of the volume avaliable, a normal version and a limited edition version: for ¥4,500 (~ US$43.85) and ¥3,500 (~ US$34.10) respectively. Both versions will have the first episode as well as:
- Non credited Opening sequence
- Non credited trailer
- Promotional Video
- Special disc jacket (above) drawn by character designer Yuuhei Murota
The limited edition version will contain the following bonuses:
- Priority sales for tickets to the Aqours 1st LIVE concert
- An original Aqours CD
- A short novel excerpt draft written by Sakurako Kimino
- Special codes and bonuses for the Love Live! School Idol Festival mobile game
- A PR Card
- An 8 page booklet
- Video footage of the special programs that aired prior to the anime’s debut
The Love Live! Sunshine!! anime airs every Saturday on Tokyo MX at 10:30pm JST. The first episode aired on July 2nd. The anime will also air on:
- Sun TV
- KBS Kyoto
- TV Aichi
- Shizuoka Broadcasting
- TV Hokkaido
- TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting
It is also streaming on Niconico, Bandai Channel and Line Live.
The main cast for Aqours includes:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (First Major Role) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
The leading members of the anime’s production staff includes:
- Director: Kazuo Sakai (Mushi-Uta)
- Series Composer: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
- Anime Character Designer: Yuuhei Murota (Love Live! School Idol Project)
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Gangsta., Ao Haru Ride)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!)
- Animation Studio: Sunrise (Gintama, Code Geass)
Here is the first promotional video that introduces the main idols of Aqours:
Here is the second PV:
And the anime’s official trailer:
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired in 2014 and an anime film was released in Summer 2015. The main idols of the anime, µ’s, held their last concert in early 2016. A new project titled Love Live! Sunshine!! was announced with an anime airing in July 2016.
Here is a synopsis of the Love Live! Sunshine!! from MAL:
Uranohoshi Girls’ High School, a private school in the seaside neighborhood of Uchiura at Numazu city, Shizuoka prefecture.
A small high school in a corner of Suruga Bay, it is home to nine teens, led by second-year student Chika Takami, driven by one seriously big dream: To become the next generation of bright, sparkling “school idols”!
As long as we don’t give up, any dream can come true… All we have to do now is keep pushing hard for fame and glory!
Now their “School Idol Project” begins to make their dreams come true!
The Love Live! Sunshine!! anime airs every Saturday at 10:30pm JST on Tokyo MX, during the Summer 2016 anime season.
You can visit the proejct’s website for more information: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/
And follow their Twitter as well: @LoveLive_staff
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works