At the recent 4th IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls TriCastle Story event it was announced that a TV anime adaptation of Bandai Namco’s The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Gekijou (The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Theatre) 5-koma manga is in production for 2017.
Here is the promotional video for the anime’s announcement, showing off its new artstyle:
The anime will be directed by Mankyuu (Puchimas! -Petit Idolm@ster-, 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku) and produced by studio Gathering (Puchimas! -Petit Idolm@ster-, 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku).
The main cast of the The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls anime includes:
- Ayaka Ohashi (Kurome in Akame ga Kill!) voicing as Uzuki Shimamura
- Ayaka Fukuhara (First Major Role) will play the role of Rin Shibuya
- Sayuri Hara (Rizumu Amamiya from Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream) will be the voice of Mio Honda
- Tomoyo Kurosawa (Tina Sprout from Black Bullet) voices Miria Akagi
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) will voice Anastasia
- Naomi Oozora (Inari Fushimi from Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.) voices Chieri Ogata
- Maaya Uchida (Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is voicing Ranko Kanzaki
- Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura Kusunoki in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) playing as Rika Jougasaki
- Ruriko Aoki (Priscilla Twilight from Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou) will voice Riina Tada
- Aya Suzaki (Tamako Kitashirakawa from Tamako Market) will be voicing Minami Nitta
- Hiromi Igarashi (Orion in Amnesia) as Anzu Futaba
- Natsumi Takamori (Mei Misaki from Another) will play Miku Maekawa
- Yuka Ootsubo (Kyoko Toshino from YuruYuri) as Kanako Mimura
- Rei Matsuzaki (Ayame Reikadou from NouCome) voices Kirari Moroboshi
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls is a mobile social game developed by Mobage and published by Bandai Namco Games. The game involves the player to interact with other players, where they need to perform various tasks. A TV anime adaptation of the game aired in January 2015 during the Winter 2014/2015 anime season, with a second season that airing in the following July. A spin-off 5-koma manga titled The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Gekijou (The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Theatre) started serialization in 2015 being published by ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Comics EX magazine. To date a total of 4 volumes have been compiled, with the 5th volume releasing in Japan on October 27. The series itself follows the lives of the main idols from the game.
Here is the synopsis of the parent series from MAL:
There are many idols with long-established talent agency 346 Production. And now the company is starting a new program, the Cinderella Project!
Girls leading normal lives…
They are chosen to be aspiring idols and see another world for the first time in this Cinderella story. Can they all climb the stairs that lead to the palace?
The magic begins now…
A TV anime adaptation of The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Gekijou is currently in production for a 2017 broadcast. Further details about the anime and its air date will be revealed at a later date.
Source Article - Crunchyroll
“The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Gekijou”, “The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls”, “IDOLM@STER”, images, videos and all associated brands and titles © 2016 Bandai Namco Games Inc., Mobage, and Project Cinderella