The official website of the anime adaptation of Riichiro Inagaki and Boichi’s Dr. Stone has revealed that the upcoming anime special, Dr. Stone: Ryusui, will air on July 10th. In addition, a brand new visual, main cast, staff, and a promotional video was also revealed.
Dr. Stone: Ryusui will premiere on Sunday, July 10th, at 7:00 pm JST on Tokyo MX and BS11. The special will also air on KBS Kyoto on the 11th at the same time, and Sun TV on the 13th at 1:30 am JST. The special will run for an hour.
The new special will take place after the anime’s second season, adapting the Age of Exploration Arc. A third season of the anime is also in production for 2023.
Ryouta Suzuki (Yuu Ishigami from Kaguya-sama) will join the cast to voice Ryusui Nanami in the upcoming special.
He will join the returning cast from the first and second seasons:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) leads the cast as Senku Ishigami
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) voice the role of Taiju Ooki
- Kana Ichinose (Ichigo from Darling in the FranXX) voices Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Gen Satou (Fumiya Tomozaki in Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun) as Chrome
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) as Kohaku
The main staff of the prior seasons will return to produce the special, but with a new director:
- Director: Shuhei Matsushita (DEEMO Memorial Keys)
- Series Composer: Yuichiro Kido (Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yuko Iwasa (Yowamushi Pedal, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- Music Composer: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu), Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!), and Yuki Kanesaka (Kekkai Sensen & Beyond)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life)
A brand new promotional video has been released for the special:
Dr. Stone is a science fiction adventure manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi. The series began in early 2017 and is published by Shueisha in their Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. To date, a total of 25 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series has ranked high in various yearly manga award categories, as well as winning the 2019 Shogakukan Manga Award for best shonen manga. An anime adaptation of the manga premiered during the Summer and Fall/Autumn 2019 anime season for a total of 24 episodes. The series was directed by Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss) and produced by TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life). The anime was followed up with a second season in the 2021/2022 Winter anime season. There has also been a spin-off manga titled Dr. Stone Reboot: Byakuya that was released in Fall/Autumn 2019, for a total of 9 chapters.
After five years of harboring unspoken feelings, high-schooler Taiju Ooki is finally ready to confess his love to Yuzuriha Ogawa. Just when Taiju begins his confession however, a blinding green light strikes the Earth and petrifies mankind around the world— turning every single human into stone.
Several millennia later, Taiju awakens to find the modern world completely nonexistent, as nature has flourished in the years humanity stood still. Among a stone world of statues, Taiju encounters one other living human: his science-loving friend Senkuu, who has been active for a few months. Taiju learns that Senkuu has developed a grand scheme—to launch the complete revival of civilization with science. Taiju’s brawn and Senkuu’s brains combine to forge a formidable partnership, and they soon uncover a method to revive those petrified.
However, Senkuu’s master plan is threatened when his ideologies are challenged by those who awaken. All the while, the reason for mankind’s petrification remains unknown.
The upcoming special of Dr. Stone, Dr. Stone: Ryusui, will premiere on Sunday, July 10th on Tokyo MX and BS11 at 7:00 pm JST.