The newest issue of Dengeki G’s magazine has revealed some new images and information for the main idols of the Love Live! Sunshine!! project. The information and images feature 6 of the 9 main idols from Aqours.
Here are the visuals, right side, of the characters that were revealed:
- Chika Takami, voiced by Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play)
- Riko Sakurauchi, voiced by Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart)
- Kanan Matsuura, voiced by Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de)
- Dia Kurosawa, voiced by Arisa Komiya (Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters)
- You Watanabe, voiced by Shuka Saito (First Major Role)
- Yoshiko Tsushima, voiced by Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED)
Earlier in the month Dengeki G’s magazine hosted a poll to allow fans to name the 9 idols of Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy. The name Aqours was chosen by fans for the idol group. A poll was also set up for the first series, Love Live! School Idol Project, where the name μ’s was chosen.
The main cast and actresses for Aqours includes:
- Anju Inami (Ino Yamanaka in the Naruto Stage Play) will voice Chika Takami
- Rikako Aida (Poona in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart) voices Riko Sakurauchi
- Nanaka Suwa (Yaya in Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) as Kanan Matsuura
- Arisa Komiya (Gravure Idol and Yoko Usami/Yellow Buster from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) is voicing Dia Kurosawa
- Shuka Saito (First Major Role) will join the cast as You Watanabe
- Aika Kobayashi (Singer of Freezing ED) will voice Yoshiko Tsushima
- Kanako Takatsuki (Cover Artist, Part of AnisongCollab) as Hanamaru Kunikida
- Aina Suzuki (Contestant in the 2013 Anison Grand Prix) voices Mari Ohara
- Ai Furihata (Various Game Voices) is voicing Ruby Kurosawa
Additional information about the characters and project have also been revealed:
- The readers and fans of the series will be able to participate in the story
- After seeing the success of μ, Chika Takami wishes to follow in their footsteps and become a school idol. The new group can be seen as a sister looking up to μ
- The anime will be set in Uchiura, a small seaside town near Numazu, Shizuoka Perfecture
- The nine girls attend Ura no Hoshi Girls Academy, a school with less than 100 students
It has been earlier revealed that animation studio Sunrise, who animated the Love Live! School Idol anime, filed a trademark for Love Live! Sunshine!! on March 27th this year. The trademark was filed to cover the following areas that will utilise the name: Trading cards and related products, clothing, accessories and related products, and home console related products.
The official site of the new project has also revealed that the first song from Love Live! Sunshine!! will be released on October 7th this year. Additional information about the songs will be revealed in the August issue of Dengeki G’s magazine, releasing on the 30th this month.
Love Live! School Idol Project is an original anime produced by Sunrise studios that aired in January 2013. The conception of the anime project started in 2010 by Dengeki G’s Magazine. The editors wanted the project to be heavily influenced by fans, such as the costumes, hairstyles and names. Throughout this process, a manga of the project simply called Love Live! began in early 2012 by Sakurako Kimino and Arumi Tokita. The next part in the project was the anime series, followed by this app and an OVA. The second season of Love Live! School Idol Project aired last year and an anime film will be released this Summer.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that’s evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.
With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. “In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do… become pop stars!”
The idol group name from Love Live! Sunshine!! is Aqours. Their debut song will be released in Japan on October 7th. Further information about the project will be revealed in the next few months.
Source Image #2 – Yande.re
Source Image #3 – Yande.re
Source Image #4 – Yande.re
Source Image #5 – Yande.re
Source Image #6 – Yande.re
“Love Live! Sunshine!!”, “Love Live! School Idol Project”, images and all associated brands and titles © 2015 Love Live! Project, Sunrise, Lantis and ASCII Media Works