The official website of the anime adaptation of Riichiro Inagaki and Boichi’s Dr. Stone manga has revealed that the upcoming third season will premiere in April 2023. In addition, a brand new visual and promotional video was also released.
The upcoming third season of the anime, Dr. Stone: New World, will air in April 2023 during the Spring 2023 anime season. The series will adapt the titular New World arc from the manga.
A brand new promotional video has also been released:
The main cast of the prior seasons will return:
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) leads the cast as Senku Ishigami
- Ryouta Suzuki (Yuu Ishigami from Kaguya-sama) will be voicing Ryusui Nanami
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) voice the role of Taiju Ooki
- Kana Ichinose (Ichigo from Darling in the FranXX) voices Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Gen Satou (Fumiya Tomozaki in Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun) as Chrome
- Manami Numakura (Aoi Sakurai in Rail Wars!) as Kohaku
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) voicing Ruri
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) who voices Tsukasa Shishiou
The main staff of the prior seasons will also return:
- Director: Shuhei Matsushita (DEEMO Memorial Keys)
- Series Composer: Yuichiro Kido (Eizouken ni wa Te o Dasu na! and Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Scriptwriter)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Yuko Iwasa (Yowamushi Pedal, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas)
- Music Composers: Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Ao Haru Ride, Yuushibu), Tatsuya Katou (Mirai Nikki, Free!), and Yuki Kanesaka (Kekkai Sensen & Beyond)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana)
- Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life)
Dr. Stone is a science fiction adventure manga written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi. The series began in early 2017 and is published by Shueisha in their Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. To date, a total of 26 volumes have been compiled and released in Japan. The series has ranked high in various yearly manga award categories, as well as winning the 2019 Shogakukan Manga Award for best shonen manga. An anime adaptation of the manga premiered during the Summer and Fall/Autumn 2019 anime season for a total of 24 episodes. The series was directed by Shinya Iino (Plastic Memories, Made in Abyss) and produced by TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Re-Life). The anime was followed up with a second season in the 2021/2022 Winter anime season and a special in Summer 2022. There has also been a spin-off manga titled Dr. Stone Reboot: Byakuya that was released in Fall/Autumn 2019, for a total of 9 chapters.
After five years of harboring unspoken feelings, high-schooler Taiju Ooki is finally ready to confess his love to Yuzuriha Ogawa. Just when Taiju begins his confession however, a blinding green light strikes the Earth and petrifies mankind around the world— turning every single human into stone.
Several millennia later, Taiju awakens to find the modern world completely nonexistent, as nature has flourished in the years humanity stood still. Among a stone world of statues, Taiju encounters one other living human: his science-loving friend Senkuu, who has been active for a few months. Taiju learns that Senkuu has developed a grand scheme—to launch the complete revival of civilization with science. Taiju’s brawn and Senkuu’s brains combine to forge a formidable partnership, and they soon uncover a method to revive those petrified.
However, Senkuu’s master plan is threatened when his ideologies are challenged by those who awaken. All the while, the reason for mankind’s petrification remains unknown.
The third season of the Dr. Stone anime will broadcast in April 2023, during the Spring 2023 anime season.
Visit the anime’s website here: https://dr-stone.jp/
And follow the series’ Twitter here: @STONE_anime_off