At the recent 2022 Jump Festa event, the staff of the event revealed a brand new visual and promotional video for the upcoming 4th season anime adaptation of Kugane Maruyama and So-bin’s Overlord.
The first promotional video for Overlord IV has been revealed at Jump Festa 2022, reintroducing to us the lord of Nazarick:
The main cast from the prior seasons will return to reprise their roles.
- Satoshi Hino (Yuuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana) returns to voice Ains
- Yumi Hara (Takane Shijou in The [email protected]) is back as Albedo
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) as Shalltear Bloodfallen
- Emiri Katou (Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voicing as Aura Bella Fiore
- Yumi Uchiyama (Yoko Inokuma in Kiniro Mosaic) voices Mare Bello Fiore
- Kenta Miyake (Tsume in Wolf’s Rain) as Cocytus
- Masayuki Katou (Kiyomasa Senji from Deadman Wonderland) returns as Demiurge
The leading members of the anime’s production staff also returns for season 4:
- Director: Naoyuki Itou (No Guns Life, One Piece 3D2Y)
- Series Composer and Screenwriter: Yukie Sugawara (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Sword Art Online)
- Anime Character Designer: Satoshi Tasaki (No Game No Life: Zero, Rideback)
- Animation Studio: Madhouse (No Game No Life, Wolf Children)
OxT will perform the Opening theme song of Overlord season 2, GO CRY GO. MYTH & ROID will handle the anime’s Ending theme, HYDRA.
Overlord is a fantasy light novel series written by Kugane Maruyama and illustrated by so-bin. The series began online in 2010 before Kadokawa’s Enterbrain light novel imprint began publishing the series in 2012. To date, a total of 14 compiled volumes have been released, where over 2 million prints have been sold. An audio CD of the series was released bundled with the light novel’s 3rd volume, and 2 drama CDs of the series were released with volumes 4 and 6. A manga adaptation of the series illustrated by Hugin Miyama began in November 2017 in Kadokawa Shoten’s Monthly Comp Ace magazine. An anime adaptation was produced during the Summer 2015 anime season for a total of 13 episodes, which was followed by a second and third season in 2018. The first season was compiled into 2 anime films in 2017.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down one day. However, the protagonist Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as “the most powerful wizard.” The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.
The fourth season of the Overlord TV anime is currently in production.